Tuesday 29 July 2014

PSALM 141:8

But my eyes look to You, Lord God. I seek refuge in You. Psalm 141:8 

We can't always count on sympathy from others when our hearts are suddenly shattered. Our heartbreaks aren't really anyone else's responsibility. In reality, they belong to Jesus. Remember, He came to bind up the brokenhearted. All anyone can really do is sit with us and watch our heart bleed, because they can only take that kind of intimacy for a short period of time! But Jesus is never intimidated by the depth of our need and the demonstration of our weakness. I am so glad I don't have to keep a stiff upper lip when I'm all alone with God and hurting. Aren't you?

Moore, Beth (2010-07-19). Breaking Free Day by Day (p. 336). B&H Publishing Group. Kindle Edition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment