Thursday 20 July 2017

5. Those distracted by service are often those who miss how much Jesus cares (v. 40).

5. Those distracted by service are often those who miss how much Jesus cares (Luke 10:40).

Mind you, John 11:5 has already assured us Jesus loved both of them very much. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to assume that at times Mary probably sensed His love and care more readily than Martha. Why? I believe John 15:9 holds the key. Jesus told the disciples, “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love.”
Beloved, the more we cultivate a keener awareness of Christ’s presence, the more we will abide or remain in the sense of His love. Christ’s love for us never changes. However, our sense of His loving care changes dramatically from time to time.
I believe the determining factor is our willingness to abide in Him or to seek to practice a relationship in which we develop a keener awareness of His presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment