Thursday 26 January 2017

Chapter 4 - Meeting the Real Jesus

Chapter 4

MEETING the Real Jesus

On Wednesday, March 16th 2005, my soul hit a very low point after getting myself into yet another situation and being in a bad frame of mind.  Becoming very depressed over the state that my life was in, I called my best gay friend on the telephone and told him “If anything ever happens to me, just remember that I love you.” He knew about the events that had been transpiring in my life and became very frightened and scared as he heard the state of hopelessness in my voice that I was overcome with.

Running the bathtub full of hot water and lying in it, I tried to relax myself. It was at this time that I began to dialogue with God about my situation, asking him questions like: How could I let this happen to me? How could I be so blind? Then God began to speak his truth to me, that he loves me, the real me, the one whom He created, and that He wanted to be a part of my life.

The next thing that occurred was breathtaking and overwhelming! I opened myself up to God and allowed Him to come in and heal me of the awful condition that had resulted from the consequences that I had reaped in the gay lifestyle. 

Something happened on the inside of me, and I could feel it. It was the redemption of Jesus Christ poured into my entire being. That very same night I sat at my computer desk and typed the words that God had given me; which was an article titled “The Truth Will Set You Free.” He spoke it into my spirit and wrote it through me. In turn, the article was emailed to everyone on my list. It turned out to be a wonderful night after all, and all the glory forever goes to God!  Right there in that bathtub, I had received the heart knowledge of Jesus Christ, as He had cleansed my soul from sin; sealing me with the Holy Spirit. Finally, at last I had found true, unconditional love in Jesus Christ!


No comments:

Post a Comment