Sunday 29 March 2015

FROM PALM SUNDAY TO EASTER (Part 5)

FROM PALM SUNDAY TO EASTER (Part 5)

SUNDAY —Resurrection 

Matt. 28:1–13; Mark 16:1–20; Luke 24:1–49; John 20:1–31

Early in the morning, women went to the tomb and found that the stone closing the tomb’s entrance had been rolled back. An angel told them Jesus was alive. Jesus appeared to Mary Magdalene in the garden, to Peter, to the two disciples on the road to Emmaus, and later that day to all the disciples but Thomas. His resurrection was established as a fact.

Jesus, God’s Solution

Jesus took our sins, grief, and sorrows upon himself and brought them down into the grave with him. Just as Jesus rose to newness of life, God gives a new life to those who trust in him. Therefore, his death and resurrection allow us to begin a special relationship with the Lord Jesus. Confess him with your mouth and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead. This faith may be expressed to God through heartfelt prayer, like the one below:

God, I believe that you sent Jesus into the world because of your great love. I believe that Jesus gave himself for my sins and that you raised him from the dead. I ask for your forgiveness through Jesus, that I may receive the new life that comes through him. I want to confess Jesus as my Lord and put my trust in you. Thank you for loving me as your child. Please continue teaching me and help me understand your words. I am eager to hear from you and know you better. I pray in Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment