Sunday 4 June 2017

THE TRANSFER OF REJECTION

THE TRANSFER OF REJECTION

Jesus taught another great truth in Luke 10:1–24. In verse 16 He said, “He who listens to you listens to me; he who rejects you rejects me; but he who rejects me rejects him who sent me.” This concept represents something else I love so much about Christ. In many ways, He says to those who belong to Him and seek to do His will: “Don’t take rejection personally. Let me take it for you.”
We see this principle at work in Acts 9. Saul set out to persecute Christians, but Jesus came along and knocked him off his donkey. Saul “fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, ‘Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?’” (Acts 9:4). Beloved, can you accept that Christ takes very personally the unfair things that happen to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment