Friday 5 May 2017

The Unchangeable, Immovable Testimony of Jesus Christ

The Unchangeable, Immovable Testimony of Jesus Christ

When Jesus referred to the rock upon which He would build His church, I believe Christ was talking about the unchangeable, immovable testimony of Jesus Christ that Peter had just delivered. He was saying, “Peter, the testimony of My identity is the immovable rock upon which I will build My church. A cliff on which all of eternity hangs. You are a chip off this immovable rock whom I will greatly empower.” Peter was a stone Christ would throw from place to place to give the testimony about the Rock from which he was hewn. How beautifully Isaiah 51:1 speaks to Peter and certainly to us: “Look to the rock from which you were cut and to the quarry from which you were hewn.”


No comments:

Post a Comment