Friday 4 July 2014

5. HEARTS IN FELLOWSHIP

5. HEARTS IN FELLOWSHIP

The Significant Amount of the Shewbread (Exodus 25:23-30; Leviticus 24:5-9)

1. The main ingredient is fine flour, the specific portion of which was two-tenths of an ephah.

2. According to Exodus 16:16, 36, one-tenth of an ephah was a man’s daily portion. It was what God described would meet a man or woman’s daily needs.

3. According to Leviticus 5:5-13, one-tenth of an ephah was a poor man’s sin offering. For the man who has absolutely nothing to bring to atone for his sin, he represents a complete poverty of spirit to us. All he has to bring God is his sinful soul and one-tenth of an ephah. The representation was the one who came in complete poverty of spirit, offering nothing of value; just coming for the mercy and grace of God.

4. Two-tenths of an ephah represents a double portion (share). A double portion was the inheritance of the firstborn (Deuteronomy 2:17; Colossians 1:15). Christ is called the “Firstborn.” When we see the double portion sitting up on that table, it was representing the offering of the Firstborn, His inheritance; and already showing Christ, the One who would receive the double portion.

The Significant Addition to the Shewbread (Leviticus 24:7)

God commanded to Moses that incense would be put on each row of shewbread to serve as a memorial or reminder (2 Corinthians 2:14-15). Fragrance or aroma is incense. We are an incense unto God. We are to be the lingering scent of victory. Christ always leads us to victory. He only marches in victory where He wins. Our lives are the evidence that He has overcome the world.

The Significant Appetite for the Shewbread (Psalm 63)

To develop a hunger for the true Shewbread we must –

1. Seek God first in priority (Matthew 6:33). It is revolutionary. God’s Word will not return void.

2. Seek God in activity (rising up in immediate surge). Seek Him first thing in the morning. Any day that is not surrendered to the Holy Spirit of God is lived in the flesh. We have to purpose to walk in the Spirit. To do what is natural is carnal.
Mark 1:35 – Jesus went to the mountain-top to pray because He was just trying to get as close to His Father as He could (John 17).
Isaiah 50:4-5 – the time that you are most easily taught according to the Word of God is early in the morning. “I will awaken you with your spiritual Phd.” God says “When you refuse me the right to talk with you, I call that rebellion.”

3. Choose to experience His power (Psalm 63:1-2). Power represents the actions of God. I want to see the real you, not someone boxed in by my expectations and who I so far, think you are. I want to see the real you displayed in my life, in my circumstances, and in my midst today. You can be a vessel of the absolute, supernatural, eternal power of God every day. Count on the power of God.

4. Choose to experience His glory. His glory represents who He is, His esteem, and His honor. When we are out in the extremities, that is when we can often see the glory of God the best. They are our invitations to display who He is. Show me the reality of who you are.

5. Build a history with God through habitual encounters. The psalmist testifies I have known you well; I cannot do without you; I must have you. He had been with God enough, it had become a habit. “I don’t fear of what could happen tomorrow, because he took care of me yesterday.” God never changes.

6. Pray for an acute hunger and thirst for God’s presence in your life. It transforms your entire spiritual life. If you ask in His will, you are going to get it. “Pray to.” Walk in faith; it is coming.

7. Practice an active praise life. Your lovingkindness is better than living; my lips shall praise you. Praise is something that comes through practice.

8. Constantly acknowledge your need for help (Psalm 63:5-7). The more I’ve learned, the more I’ve come to know, that I cannot live a day without God. Constantly acknowledge that you need to have Him, in the little things and the big things. Admit continually your need for help.

9. Conclude each day with meditation (Psalm 63:6). As your falling asleep that night, meditate on His goodness to you that day. It will build up your faith. It will blow your mind how active God is in your daily life when you start to do this.

10. Ask God to awaken you with great anticipation in the morning. Awaken me awake. Open my eyes. Let the first thing be on my mind “I want to talk with my God.”
If you agree to be part of His power and glory, your life is going to be extraordinary. When you are finished here on this earth, you will have left an eternal mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment