Tuesday 23 May 2017

MORE FAITH

MORE FAITH

Christ strongly reproves faithlessness. Christ responded strongly to the disciples’ failure to exercise the power He gave them. All three synoptic Gospels record Him saying, “O unbelieving generation, . . . how long shall I stay with you? How long shall I put up with you?” (Mark 9:19). I sense Him saying, “How long are you going to take to get this together, boys? I won’t be visible in your presence much longer!”
The word unbelieving means “not worthy of confidence, untrustworthy.” The definition implies that when we are faithless, we are concluding that Christ is not worthy of our confidence and that He is . . . I can hardly bring myself to write the word . . . untrustworthy. The disciples’ unbelief was their willingness to let the temperature of their faith rise and fall according to the surrounding dynamics rather than His steadfast Word. The characteristic cause of all spiritual failure is lack of faith in God.

No comments:

Post a Comment